A year ago we had an office meeting and my principle broker wanted me to talk to the rest of the agents about blogging and what it could do for their business. During that meeting I was amazed at how many agents told me that they didn't need to blog, they were busy enough.
Well, 2008 has ended and there were months that I had more sales than some of these agents had all year and those sales were mostly from my blog. Now, 2009 has arrived and our offices have become one office and our 34 agents have become 9 agents.
Today, I get the call saying that they would like to find out more about blogging and how to do it. You see they found out that I was #1 in the company for sales for 2008 and when they found out that 80% of my business came from my blog and the other 20% was from referrals that read my blog in their e-mail every morning, they wanted to know more.
Since 80% of their business came from open houses and newsletters, they were now on the verge of having to leave the business and needed a way to cut costs and are now ready to listen.
So, I look forward to seeing more posts from these agents that all signed up over a year ago, but haven't done anything since. I hope to show them that blogging and social networking can propel their business, but they do need to understand that it isn't an overnight thing.
I can only imagine what some of those agents could have done in 2008 had they listened to my principal broker last year and saw the light that we all have.