|Prep Time: 5 mins||Total Time: 30 mins|
|Cook Time: 25 mins||Yields: 4 servings|
- 1/4 c. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cloves garlic, finely grated
- 1/4 c. freshly chopped parsley
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 sub rolls
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. ground italian sausage
- 2 c. marinara sauce
- 8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c. thinly sliced basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a small bowl, combine the butter with the garlic, parsley and salt. Split the rolls lengthwise, leaving a hinge on the back and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Spread cut sides of rolls with butter mixture. Bake until golden, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet. Add sausage and cook, breaking up large pieces with a spoon and stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 7 minutes. Add marinara sauce and cook stirring until warmed throughout, about 2 minutes.
- Spoon sausage mixture into toasted rolls and top with cheese. Return to the oven and cook until cheese is melted, about 7 minutes. Sprinkle with basil and serve.