I received the following list of questions from a potential seller.
Thank you for your quick responses and for your patience. Here are some questions we're hoping you can answer:
- Are you okay with most of our interaction being via email?
- How long have you been in real estate? How long have you been in business?
- How were you trained as a listing agent?
- How many houses have you sold last year?
- What percentage of your listing do you sell?
- Have you been recognized for your work (e.g., awards)?
- Do your fees include advertising the listing? How will you market our home (advertisement, social media, mail to neighborhood)? What does your network look like?
- Do you take care of the logistics around repairs (being physically present if someone needs to be there, managing the scheduling and checking on the results)?
- Do you take photographs of the property?
- Do you have a preferred relationship (discounts and/or vetting) with vendors for professional photography, staging and repairs?
- How well do you know our immediate neighborhood? How much of your business is in this area?
- Have you recently sold properties in the area? If so, how do they compare to our square footage/home value?
- We cannot put a sign in the front yard due to condo regulations, what do you do in terms of marketing/advertisement?
- Do you offer open houses? How many or how often?
- What do you expect from us which would require our physical presence?
I answered with the following email.
''-No problem with email.
I appreciate your questions and have a few for you.
In fact I may take your list and answer in my daily blog. My book REAL ESTATE THE ROME WAY was written and also answers most.
-This is my 3rd career.
Started as a RN, became the youngest head nurse at Sinai Hospital.
I was a porcelain and ceramic artist.
I have been in Real Estate for 28 years and am the solo Broker/ Owner of HomeRome Realty.
- I am a listing agent, make all my own appointments and show my properties, even when another agent has a buyer.
-I have sold on average 25-30 homes each year since 1990. I sell 25% of my own.
-My awards, listed here, include the Carolyn Howd Award. My extensive list of designations reads like “alphabet” soup. My latest MCNE is a Masters in negotiation.
-Each property gets multiple blog posts, weekly color print coverage in the Baltimore Jewish Times, Style Magazine and are discussed on my weekly live radio show. I may have the seller call in to talk about their special property.
-l am present for showings, home inspections and I meet the Appraiser.
-I have a professional photographers and have professional photos within 24 hours.
- I live minutes from your home and work in 21209 so I know your area well. Recently sold a home on your street.
-My extensive advertising takes care of the absence of signage.
- I am the National Realtor's Open House Master (please click to see video)
- I would need to interview you both, see the condition of your home,
find out your time frame and make sure we are a good match. ''
Follow up... they listed with an agent referred by a friend and I replied...
A personal recommendation is the very best way to choose.
I will be on the watch for the listing.
Maybe I will have a buyer.
All the best. ''
Now I can use this list of Q&A when asked about listing a home.
This is one way to do a listing interview The Rome Way.
How would you have answered these questions?