Do You Know The Top 6 Buyer Turn-offs When Selling Your Home?
It's all about the senses when you are selling your home. What buyers see and smell when they enter your home can make or break their interest in your home and with that, your chances of selling it quickly.
The HouseHunt infographic below shows the top 6 home turn-offs home sellers should avoid... and they all go back to visual and audial appeal. All of these can be dealt with quite easily BEFORE you put your home on the market and in many instances quite inexpensively. You can "stage" your home on a budget. It really is true that you don't get a second chance to make a good first impression. Don't lose prospective buyers because you haven't prepared your home for sale to avoid their pet peeves.
Some Additional Home Buyer "Turn-offs" To Be Aware Of:
- Paint colors that are not neutral.
- Worn flooring whether it's carpet, wood, or laminate.
- Lack of storage space (often it's a matter of freeing up closet space to make them look more spacious).
- Brass fixtues (and so easy to replace these and update the look of the home).
- Distracting pets in the home when showing.
Contact Carolinas Realty Partners if we can answer any questions you might have about the Charlotte metro housing market or about what preparing and listing your home for sale might entail.
If you are considering selling a home in the Charlotte metro area, I would love an opportunity to earn your business, exceed your expectations, and to prove to you that: