Some news on short sales regarding Ocwen Mortgage
- Seller closing cost credit to the buyer is no longer acceptable.
- This is true even if the net proceeds required by Ocwen is met by the sales contract.
- And yes, I have in the past been able to obtain a seller closing cost credit to the buyer on a short sale.
- In November of 2017 I was able to close a short sale serviced by Ocwen that allowed a seller credit to the buyer of $1,512.37
- Ocwen rep and supervisor said a credit is no longer acceptable on any loans they service.
Are short sales still prevelant in Pensacola, Florida (Escambia County). You would think not but just last week I accompanied one of my seller clients to a court hearing. There were roughly 35 cases on the docket..."what", it was over an hour before it was my seller's turn to be called up by the magistrate.
Jack Lara, Broker-Associate
Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate
Main Street Properties
1313 Creighton Rd
Pensacola, FL 32504
"Saving property owners (investors too) from foreclosure since 2007"