Unincorporated Jonesboro GA spans two adjacent counties. Conveniently located in the southerly suburbs of Clayton and Fayette counties in the greater Atlanta metro, unincoporated Jonesboro is home to numerous affordable communites loaded with country charm yet close to all of metro Atlanta's numerous amenities, services and opportunities.
Jonesboro GA 30238 Fayette County, comprises a large area that includes the several shopping, business and industrial complexes, Country Greens Golf Club, numerous parks, and other family attractions. Nestled primarily between Tara Blvd./Hwy 41 and Hwy 85, the area also has convenient access to major interstate higways I-75, the I-85, providing easy access to all the amenities metro Atlanta has to offer.
Could Jonesboro 30238 be the ideal area for you and your family?
Why are people attracted to buy homes in unincorporated Jonesboro?
Besides the homey, small-town feel and convenience to shopping, services and entertainment, Jonesboro GA 30238 Fayette County is attractive to many because of its large inventory of affordable housing -- many mid-century and brick ranch-style houses with on-property parking and yards you can entertain in, in addition to a large stock of newer brick and frame cluster home communities featuring all of the modern touches today's buyers appreciate -- ensuite master baths with garden tubs, solid surface counters, hardwoods, etc. It's convenient proximity to Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport is another draw for people seeking to work for metro Atlanta's largest employer.
Less than 10 minutes from the airport and 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta, GA and all the businesses and attractions the metropolis has to offer, Jonesboro 30238 is a quieter residential alternative to the in-town clamor of the big city. It's a preferred place to come home to at the end of a busy workday. With diverse housing styles and prices, there are housing choices for almost everyone.
Historic significance of Jonesboro 30238 in Fayette County.
The rich antebellum history of the area is what inspired the famous story of Scarlett and Rhett in "Gone With the Wind". The Battle of Jonesboro was the most crucial engagement of the Georgia Campaign during the Civil War. Take the online Jonesboro Historical Tour to discover just some of the area's reason for pride in it's historical treasures.
Current real estate data for unincorporated Jonesboro 30238 in Fayette County
If you are looking for property near but not in Atlanta, unincorporated Jonesboro’s family-friendly communities might fit the bill. A review of current Georgia MLS data reported for the previous quarter and year reveals the following active and sold property trends:
Current 6-month trends in Jonesboro 30238 Fayette County real estate sales
Based on data from the Georgia MLS, the first six months of 2017 show both sales trending sharply downward this spring, not because the market is slow but because the few opportunities that presented over the winter months were swooped up by April. This is somewhat reflective of the larger metro Atlanta market were inventory shortages are effecting the most sought-after neighborhoods.
As of this writing there are no active homes for sale available in the area.
Median home prices for unicorporated Jonesboro GA 30238 Fayette County
No active listings
6 month Median sold price is $151,000
6 month Average sold price is 176,500
Average days on market for recently sold properties is 48
As of this writing there are an additional 1 property in the area that is under contract but not yet closed. The asking price is $175,00, and it was on the market for just 10 days.
Jonesboro GA 30238 Fayette County Real Estate Absorption
Absorption rate is the number of months it would take, on average, to sell the currently listed homes in the market. Currently, this area is enjoying a complete sellers' market, with an incredible average 0 months supply of inventory available for sale. Again, if you are lucky enough to find an available house you love in this area, snag it quick!
What style of housing will you find in Jonesboro GA 30238 Fayette County?
The majority of properties in Jonesboro, GA 30238 in Fayette are typically in the 1,400 to 3,000 square foot range in an assortment of single and two-story styles. This is a relatively newer area of the zip code. Most homes for sale were constructed from 1990 to 2014 and offer on-property or integral parking, with large lots for outdoor activities and room for expansion.
This is not an active market area, but it is popular with buyers. But homeowners in this area tend to stay put. New listings are rare, so when you find one that you want, you must act with conviction. An average of 1 home for sale hits the market per month, and a corresponding average of 1 home sells per month.
Schools serving Jonesboro GA 30238 Fayette County students
Schools that serve the area are the elementary, middle and high schools of the Fayette County School District, including south metro Atlanta area's only Performing Arts Magnet High School and Performing Arts Center, as well as nearby Clayton State University.
Recreation, Culture and Entertainment in Jonesboro 30236 Fayette County
- Fun Junction USA is just down Hwy 85, offering two dozen family attractions, thrill rides, go karts, and 3 mini golf courses.
- Fayette County Parks and Recreation operates several conveniently located parks with tennis and playgrounds in the area.
- Line Creek Nature Preserve is a 70 acre protected area offering a variety of habitats and recreational activities.
- Arts Clayton gallery features the artistry of local, regional and national artists and craftspersons.
- Fayette County boasts a first-rate public library system.
- Fayette County Senior Services provides activities and services to residents aged 55+
- Clayton County is a community of deep pride. They consider their county as "Atlanta's True South" and welcome visitors and tourists year-round. Contact the Visitors and Convention Center to plan your trip or event.
- The Clayton County Water Authority operates Melvin L. Newman Wetlands Center (NWC). A visit to the Newman Center will delight nature-lovers young and old. The center is the focal point of the Clayton County Water Authority's community education efforts, created to demonstrate the importance of preserving wetlands environments and to provide public education in matters of natural resource conservation. Since its opening in 1995, the Wetlands Center has hosted more than 300,000 visitors from all over Georgia and the world.
- Stately Oaks plantation house tours attract thousands of visitors each year who want to explore the preserved plantation house upon which the mythical Tara was modeled.
- Learn More about the county services in Jonesboro GA 30238 Fayette County.