Summer brings a lot of fun events throughout Tahoe Truckee including one of my favorite "Free Summer Music Series" at Truckee River Regional Park. This event is put on by Truckee-Donner Recreation & Park District every Wednesday during the summer months and is totally free.
I usually meet up with friends, bring a picnic basket, low back chairs, a blanket (in case it gets chilly later on) and we have a grand time listening to great music & dancing underneath the stars. Hopefully the weather will gets warmer for the first concert this coming Wednesday.
All concerts start at 6:30 pm and run from June 22 through August 31, 2016.
Here is the complete band line up for Summer 2016:
- 6/22 Second Floor Blues Band (Blues)
- 6/29 Deckheads (Country/Alternative Rock)
- 7/6 Groove Foundry (Funkable Dance & Jazz)
- 7/13 Jo Mama (Latin/Swing)
- 7/20 Drop Theory (Funk, Rock & Fusion)
- 7/27 Blues Monsters (Blues and more...)
- 8/3 Moonalice (60's Electric Folk)
- 8/10 Coburn Station (Mountain Rock)
- 8/17 Eagle's Tribute (Salute to Glenn Fry)
- 8/24 Blue Lotus (Rock & Blues with Bluegrass, Jazz & Funk)
- 8/31 Deja Vu (Rock & Roll Oldies)
To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all who attend, smoking & dogs are not allowed. Parents with small children, please supervise your kids at all times.
I hope to see you at one of the concert (if not all) this summer. Another favorite is Bluesdays at Squaw Village which features an impressive line up of blues musicians. Contact me and we can arrange to meet up.
*** Even though this event is free, consider a small donation to support this awesome event. Watch out for Mr. Truckee with the donation box at break time.
* Originall posted at http://www.tahoetruckeehome.com/free-summer-music-2016-squaw/