If we look back at the first time we attempted almost anything, it's unlikely that we don't have some scars, or regrets, to show for it. Who didn't fall off a bike as soon as the training wheels were removed? And who never stalled the car during the first session of driver's ed?
It's life of course, and there's no avoiding that.
Fortunately, however, not every first time experience needs to be reflected on with red faced embarrassment and help is at hand.
Our specialty is working with first time home buyers. It really makes us feel great to safely guide people who are just starting their home buying journey.
In essence, we're offering to help you every step of the way to make the whole purchasing experience as every bit as simple and enjoyable as it should be.
Very often, of course, the initial home buying experience falls short of this very reasonable expectation. If you don't have the right professional guidance, it can, of course, be a minefield.
Here are five typical ways we can assist you in avoiding the pitfalls:
- Help you to clarify what homes you can truly afford, so your house search is totally focused from the get go. This assessment needs to not only include the upfront costs, but an honest appraisal of what your monthly outgoings will ultimately be, including your mortgage, homeowners insurance, property taxes, maintenance etc.
- Ensure you're aware and are prepared for all the associated costs of the home buying process itself, including appraisals credit reports, escrow fees etc.
- At a very early stage, we will connect you to one of the area's top professional mortgage advisors. This will help you to establish your mortgage eligibility and product options at a very early stage and, ideally, will see you obtaining pre-approval for your home loan, putting you in a very strong bargaining position before you've even carried out a single viewing. Sellers invariably take offers from pre-approved buyers very seriously indeed.
- Using all the high tech tools and experience at our disposal, we'll carefully study the housing market in the area you wish to live, matching what is affordable and meets your individual specification.
- Although the decision to buy a particular home is always yours, we'll point out the advantages and disadvantages of buying a specific home type in a specific area, based on our experience of helping other first time buyers and the likelihood of the purchase fully meeting your expectations.
Perhaps above all this, though, is the fact that we take your home purchase so very seriously. It's almost certainly going to be the biggest financial decision of your life to date, so you absolutely need a realtor at your side who has been there and got the T-shirt, so to speak.
Call the Everest Peak Realty team today and start to look forward to the home buying experience with complete confidence.