Imagine if you weren't allowed to withdraw your money from the bank...
If your home isn't selling and you have accumulated equity in the property - well that's pretty well the situation you find yourself in - unable to unlock the value that you've built up by making a great real estate investment when you originally bought the home.
In the past couple of blogs, we've focused on reasons why your home may not be selling, even though the Albuquerque area real estate market is firing on all cylinders right now.
As we said at the end of our last blog called "Don't Give Up on Your Dreams", you may be partnered with an underperforming realtor.
It's important to remember that simply being a realtor doesn't confirm that the person representing you is the best qualified.
To help you evaluate your current realtor, here's a quick 10-point list of questions to check against what your realtor is actually doing for you:
1. Is he/she engaged in real estate on a full time basis?
2. Does your realtor have specialization in the area of property you are interested in?
3. Have you received a detailed explanation of your realtor's marketing plan for your home?
4. What is your realtor's track record of sales in the past six months? You should be especially interested in his/her listings to sales ratio.
5. Is your realtor actively promoting your home on his/her own quality website and via social networking channels?
6. Does your realtor provide regular updates of marketing activity and interest in the home?
7. Has he or she showed the home to qualified potential buyers?
8. How many hours a day does your realtor spend contacting people who can influence sales of listings and past clients?
9. Have you seen recent testimonials from satisfied clients?
10. Is your realtor engaged in continuous professional development, working with professional real estate coaches and brainstorming with other high achieving realtors?
If you don't receive satisfactory answers to these questions, we would strongly suggest that the time has come for you to seriously review your representation and to consider a change.
At Everest Peak Realty, we would be happy to provide comprehensive and positive answers to all the above questions. Call us today and put us to the test.