Consumers just like you are searching for a main level living homes in the Prince William County Virginia area.
Most people call and ask, When can I find such a home? Sometimes a person cannot do stairs anymore, or they are just ready to downsize from the huge luxury home, or they are ready for the Over 55 lifestyle. Regardless, most people are finding this search to be a challenging one.
The challenge for many is, there are not enough around for the demand. As baby boomers age, more and more are thinking ahead and getting ready to downsize. The big question for many is where?
I've read in publications that even though many people have hopes of retiring somewhere south of the DC Area with a far slower pace and lower prices. The reality is, grand children and family ties really play a huge roll in the decision process. Most move less than twenty miles from where they currently live now.
"So while you are investigating the possibilities. You may be surprised to learn your choices are not as simple as your might think. It will all depend on your budget, your time-frame and if you have to sell your current home."
Questions I would ask you are these:
- Do you have to sell your current home before you buy your downsize home?
- Do you want to pay cash for your final home?
- Do you want a new home?
- Will you consider a resale home? If so how old is too old?
- Will you consider an Over 55 Community?
- What is the threshold on community fee's. Many average two hundred a month!
- Do you need to be near a golf course or hospital?
- Do you need a community that allows for a fenced yard?
- Do you think their is a possibility that any of your children or grandchildren might need to move in with you at anytime? If so the OVER 55 may not be a good fit for you.
Off the top of my head. The communities where you can find main level living homes here in the Prince William County Virginia area currently are these:
- Four Seasons at Historic Dumfries is an OVER 55 Community. This is a gated community.
- Dunbarton at Braemar Over 55 Community-single family and duplex style homes
- Heritage Hunt in Haymarket is an OVER 55 Community
- Regency at Dominion Valley in Haymarket is an OVER 55 Community with Golf Course
- Lake Manassas Virginia-Luxury Single Family Homes, Golf Course Lots, Three Car Garage Homes
- May's Quarter is a new home community that overs one level living homes. Starting in the mid six hundred range.
- Potomac Shores in Dumfries still has a few luxury main level living homes FOR SALE. Most begin in the seven hundred price range. This is a Live, Work and Play community on the shores of the Potomac. Residence will soon enjoy the VRE to DC, Jack Nichlaus Golf Course, The Barns Recreation Facility, a 450 slip marina and a day to night town center overlooking the Potomac River.
- Lake Ridge Virginia has many resale homes that offer main level living. Everything from luxury acreage properties to smaller homes built in the seventies that have seen many years of renovations and updates. Prices can range from the mid $300,000 up to $700,000.
- Montclair Virginia has many rambler and main level living homes that come on the market from time to time. Prices can range from the $300,000 up to $500,000
- Dale City Virginia has countless starter ramblers on crawl spaces and slabs. These homes can be priced as low as $275,000 and as high as $400,000. This is a no HOA community.
- Old Town Manassas Virginia has countless ramblers scattered throughout the quait streets of town. If you are looking for small town living this may be a good fit for you. These homes are located in well established streets with tall tree's and where every home is different and no HOA.
- Manassas Park Virginia has a small enclave of homes called Primrose. All the homes are connected with picket fences. It is a very charming neighborhood and the homes are situated on a few quiet cul-de-sac streets. Very close to General Ridge Golf Course and everything the Liberia Ave corridor has to offer. Easy access to the Manassas Park VRE Station.
- Belmont Bay has villa condo's on the ground floor that are very nice. Many back to the golf course. These run in the mid $400,000 price range when they come available.
- Liberty Grove Condo's in Manassas Virginia
If downsizing is on your mind. Give us a call let's sit down and talk about your options 703-851-3085.
Feel free to ask questions. Patty and I know the Prince William County Virginia real estate market very well.
If you are not quite ready for a conversation just yet. But you would like to know what homes are currenlty FOR SALE that offer main level living. No problem. Simply fill out this simple form Contact Patty and share with here what you are hoping to find and she will customize a MRIS link of all the homes FOR SALE that may meet your needs. The list will update as homes SELL and new one's come on the market,
We will also be happy to send you a FREE market evaluation on your current home just make sure you give us your current home address.