Some things are beyond belief. A new furnace issue. Home inspection.
At Desert Sun Home inspections. Safety is always number one priority.
That's why when I saw this I was simply amazed.
I have seen a lot of stuff when inspecting homes. But when a new furnace was installed in this home Two years ago I would have thought the installation would have been correct.
This is what I get for thinking it would be correct.
The picture is a little fuzzy, I thought it was a lot better when I took it.
Here is what I saw when I went into the attic to inspect for this buyer.
The furnace stack is not connected to the rest of the vent and would be spilling toxic fumes or (Carbon monoxide) into the attic areas.
You would have thought with this being a newer unit it would have been installed correctly.
There was no "Approved sticker" on the furnace. Is that a clue as to whether they pulled a permit or not?
Here is a look at the way the furnace was installed.
There are a bunch of issues with this install. I could barly get the doors off to inspect the interior of the unit.
Sorry about the way the pictures are. They seemed fine when at the inspection.
This is why you get a home inspection and why you get a trust but verify inspection.
This is why you always get a "FULL Home Inspection" by a certified inspector. For the peace of mind.
Call Clint at 1-575-706-5586
Have a great day every one.