Spring is in the Air!
If you’re in the market for a new home, now is the time!
Belmont Bay, this week’s featured community, is the place!
Belmont Bay is a waterfront-community jewel in the heart of the Washington DC Metro area. Situated on the scenic Belmont Bay coastline, where historic Occoquan and Potomac Rivers meet, Belmont Bay offers miles of natural waterfront beauty, both developed and preserved, for all who visit and reside to enjoy. A mixed use community of variety of home plans, commercial center, and school, Belmont Bay offers amenities unlike any other community in the DC area.
Just minutes away from the nation's capital and all major points of interest and destinations in the DC Metro area with easy access to major roads and transportation, Belmont Bay is a commuter’s dream.
- Historic Rt 1
- Virginia Railway Express (VRE) – which also has stops on the Metro Transit System (via Springfield Metro)
- Virginia Transit Park and Rides Lots in Prince William County
Home Sweet Home!
Belmont Bay features a wide variety of home types, from condos, townhomes, to single family homes, with an array of designs and architecture, from traditional to state-of-the-art
Condominiums (Belmont Bay Town Center)
Condominiums (Belmont Bay Golf Villas)
Single Family Homes
Location Location Location!
You've heard this age-old mantra - and Belmont Bay has it!
Homes with a view - from waterfront to golf-course view - gorgeous scenery from every window!
Osprey’s Golf Course
The Osprey’s at Belmont Bay features an 18-hole championship golf course nestled alongside the Occoquan River in Northern Virginia. This par 70 Audubon Certified course measures 5,577 yards from the back tees and offers golfers of all abilities with a challenging and enjoyable golf experience. The Clubhouse features a Golf Shop offering industry leading brands of apparel and equipment as well as a full service restaurant and bar.
Osprey’s Landing at Belmont Bay
A premier dining venue in the Woodbridge community, and offers an atmosphere of casual elegance with a menu of fresh, locally inspired fare equally suited for a quick bite after your golf round, a casual family dinner or a special celebration. For more details on special events or to host an event at this venue, visit their website: http://ospreysgolf.com/wedding-venues-virginia/
- Tennis courts
- Swimming Pools
- Belmont Elementary School on site in the center of the community
- Waterfront and community walking and biking paths
Belmont Bay Marina
Belmont Bay has its own marina with a Harbor Master on site, and offers boat rentals, sales, and boat slip rentals, marina pavilion for special outdoor events (Belmont Bay website for details and contact info)
George Mason University’s Potomac Science Center featuring the Potomac Environmental Research and Education Center (PEREC)!
PEREC is a key component of George Mason University's new Potomac Science Center, which is planned for at Belmont Bay, near the mouth of the Occoquan River on the Potomac River, with a focus on three main research areas:
- Potomac River and Chesapeake Bay restoration: the effect of nutrients on bay organisms, greater understanding of tidal freshwater and oligohaline ecosystems, the role of wetlands in protecting the bay, and the recovery of bay communities when stresses are removed
- Sustaining natural ecosystems in suburban areas: effects of rapid suburban growth on ecosystems, and growth and development strategies to lessen these effects and preserve a greater variety of organisms
- Impact of global climate change on management of aquatic ecosystems: links between climate change, hydrology, and aquatic ecology; and storage of carbon and carbon credits in managed landscapes
Belmont Bay is surrounded by thousands of acres of serene and protected wildlife refuges as well as state and national parks:
- Occoquan Bay Wildlife Refuge
- Featherstone National Wildlife Refuge
- Leesylvania State Park
- Prince William Forest Park
- Mason Neck State Park
- Mason Neck National Wildlife Refuge
Belmont Bay is also home to a Shopper’s Dream:
- Historic Town of Occoquan – boutique shops, antiques, cafes, restaurants, farmer’s market
- Stonebridge at Potomac Town Center (which includes several renowned restaurants, Wegman’s Grocery Store, shops including Ulta, White House-Black Market, DSW, Old Navy, and many more)
- Potomac Mills Mall, home to the largest shopping experience in Virginia and the DC Metro area!
I encourage you to bookmark the following Belmont Bay community websites to keep you up-to-date on news and developments in the Belmont Bay area:
- Belmont Bay website: http://www.belmontbay.com
- Belmont Bay community homepage: http://www.belmontlandusegroup.org
Not only am I a Realtor for Belmont Bay, but I'm also a resident! I would love to help you find your next home here!
Cheers, and happy home-hunting!