Prince William County, VA
A Waterfront Dream Come True
Located on the Cherry Hill peninsula in Prince William County of Northern Virginia, minutes from Washington, DC, Potomac Shores is one of the only stretches of pristine waterfrontage available for development along the Potomac River in the DC Metro area
Potomac Shores has been a 10-year community in the making. Previously developed as Harbor Station, ownership exchanged hands last year to SunCal, who has quickly gained steam in converting this water-front-living dream into a reality.
The nearly 2,000-acre mixed-use development, with nearly 700 acres set aside as natural open space, will include 4,000 homes in walkable neighborhoods designed with a “nod to historic Tidewater settlements and relaxed, resort character of coastal Virginia” against the backdrop of rolling hills, forests, and riverbanks , and described as perfect for anyone from the “avid golfer or boater, to cultural enthusiast or nature lover”.
- Home designs to include Town Center townhomes, to “charming fairway cottages” to stately river-view single family residences
- 2 schools and 21 sports fields and courts
- A “Day-to-Night” town center
- Corporate office space
- A Virginia Railway Express station
- A Rivershore District to include a 450-slip marina
- A Five-Star Hotel and Spa
- And the much anticipated Jack Nicklaus-designed Tidewater Golf Course – The “first publicly accessible Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course in the Washington, DC metro area” . An 18-hole, world-class golfing experience, against the backdrop of dramatic hilltop and waterfront vistas, designed for golfers of all skill levels.
"Jack Nicklaus designed a course that is challenging, fun and set in spectacular surroundings," said SunCal Senior Vice President David Soyka during the groundbreaking, according to a press release.
- Model home open house set to open April 2013
- Golf course and clubhouse set to open late summer/August 2013
- Home deliveries TBD, with an estimate for later 2013
- Pricing TBD - Check back later this Spring for pricing!
Meet the Potomac Shores Development Team
SunCal - Based out of New York, SunCal is one of the largest, privately master-planned and mixed-use community developers. “Each SunCal community is designed to emphasize quality of life, neighborliness, and recreational opportunities”
SunCal’s Mission: To develop environmentally and homeowner conscious communities with a commitment to preserving the environment that cultivated the community using the Smart Planning concept.
- Open Space Management Principles
- Wildlife Corridors
- Native Habitat Preservation
- Adjacent to Existing Open/Protected Space
- Provide Recreational Opportunities
- Partner with Conservation Groups
Oh the Amenities! And as Potomac Shores boasts an all-inclusive living environment, I can’t help containing my excitement for the other local amenities supporting this new development, as well as surrounding communities in the Eastern Prince William County region. Just minutes away is new Stonebridge at Potomac Town Center, a modern walkable mixed-use community of retail and residences
As well as 4-star restaurants, such as PF Changs, Firebirds, and opening later this year, Toby Keith’s latest restaurant – I Love This Bar & Grill
Toby's restaurant will feature a live music venue, as well as other well-known retail storefronts, a new standalone Sport & Health fitness center, and a Wegman’s Grocery Store.
Construction has begun on walkable residences across the way
Other nearby amenities include:
- Renowned Potomac Mills Mall, the largest shopping experience in Virginia and DC Metro area
- One of my favorite local dives – Tim’s Rivershore Waterfront Restaurant & Crabhouse – a fun & festive beachfront restaurant
- The PWC Government Center
- Commuter conveniences nearby – I-95, Route 1, Woodbridge VRE, and multiple Park & Rides
- Fort Belvoir Army Base, just a few minutes north, and Quantico Marine Corps Base, a few minutes south
- Numerous Virginia Regional, State, & National Parks:
o Leesylvania State Park
o Prince William Forest Park
o Featherstone National Wildlife Refuge
o Occoquan Bay Wildlife Refuge
o Mason Neck State Park & National Wildlife Refuge
Prince William County is alive and thriving, and I’d love to help you find your next home here. Contact me for further information about these new developments, or with any real questions!