It's that time of year again--- the New Mexico State Fair is in full swing beginning this weekend.
And that means horse shows- lots of horse shows!
This year, due to a condensed schedule for the actual State Fair (only 12 open days), several horse shows actually took place before the official first day of the fair yesterday. But there are still lots of shows remaining!
- Today and tomorrow, September 15th & 16th, is the Arabian, Morgan, Saddlebred & Hackney show.
- Monday, September 17th is devoted to Paints and Appaloosas
- Tuesday, September 18th will see the Pinto Show
- Wednesday, September 19th has the All-Breed Show scheduled.
- Thursday, September 20th is scheduled for the State 4-H Horse Show
- Friday, September 21-Sunday, September 23 is all reserved for the Quarter Horse Show.
Next weekend, Saturday the 22nd and 23rd will also see another event of interest to horsemen: a huge, Horse Property Open House Tour sponsored by Washington Federal and Rio Grande Title, and including 34 wonderful horse properties on the market.
22 listing agents from dozens of real estate offices have cooperated to stage this massive opportunity for anyone looking for horse property in the greater Albuquerque area to get out and see dozens of potential new homes for themselves and their horses, all on one convenient weekend. To streamline things even further, the open house tour has been scheduled so that all sixteen properties in the East Mountain communities of Tijeras, Edgewood, Moriarty, Stanley and Estancia will be held open on Saturday, September 23rd, while all the Valley area properties will be open on Sunday, the 22nd. These areas include Corrales, North Valley, South Valley, Bosque Farms, Los Lunas, and Belen.
Full property details, photos, directions and maps are available online at
For more information or complete tour brochures, just give me a call at 505-239-4796, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.