Hey all.... I first started on Active Rain on October 3rd 2006... I haven't been around in the last 10 months or so like I use to. Been very busy on my new project, MyPhillyAlive .... And from day one, AR has been like a 2nd family to me and still think of them as that, plus all the friendships that I have made over the years.
We have had a few members over the last several months experience some family member woes. Not sure how to put it in words, but my thoughts and prayers go out to their families, especially Missy Caulk and her family. But I like to think fo December as a joyous month, a rebirth, giving back to so many that are struggling. I am sure many of us have been struggling over the years, but there are less fortunate.
Anyhoo... I am rambling, as usual. I am just looking for some support for my nephew Johnny and his 6th grade class. They are now semi-finalists for B-101's Christmas Choir competition and voting ends tonight.B 101 is a local radio station in Philadelphia.
Johnny's class song is "Christmas List 2011" for St. Mary of the Lakes.
There are 3 classes competiting and even though Johnny is my nephew, family, I think their singing is the best out of the three classes.
A few important pieces of information :
- Johnny's class song is original. The class with the help of the teacher, wrote their own song. If you listen to the part about legos, that was added by my nephew.
- The other two songs are from other artists.
- Yes, "Blitzen's Boogie" song has a beat to it, but... remember, you are picking the class that has the better voices. Yet, give credit to the class that actually wrote their own song. That is also talent. (just my opinion)
- The class that sang "Blitzen's Boogie" has 275 more kids than my nephew's school. So more chances for more votes.
- Lastly, I always try to be bias and I listened to all 3 songs twice. And I actually think my nephew's class did the best job. And to add in there again, that their song is an original.
Food for thought - Please 'like' and vote. You can only like the song once, but you can vote as many times as you want. Just remember, look for the song, because it changes in the rotation. "Christmas List 2011"
Anyhoo... just wanted to share this with you all. And to get into the holiday spirit. To also remember to thank those men and women that help protect our country. Thank them in person, buy them a cup of coffee or better yet, buy them a lunch. We had an AR member a few years ago buy 5 or so service people their lunch in the airport. A touching story. And believe me when I say they really just appreciate a thanks.
"Christmas List 2011" - Johnny's class song
Thanks for voting