For those with Android based smart phones, and especially for those with multiple e-mail accounts, consider downloading and installing K9 Mail on your device.
I’ve been using this for about a week and it is my absolute favorite and so much better than the native email app for my phone. Here are some of the features (but my favorite is the fact that it syncs with the server and will delete emails on the phone that I delete on my computer).
- Send and Receive
- Configure to IMAP, POP3, and WebDAV (Exchange) email protocols
- Search Multiple inboxes
- Swipe for Previous/Next emails
- Set Android Notifications, sounds and vibrate alerts
- Delete email on the server works (A huge gripe with users of the default email client, when you specify to delete on the server… it doesn’t, meaning double work when you do get back to desktop)
- Multi-folder Synchronization
- Opening and Saving attachments
- Email Sorting
- Copy email text by Forwarding message
- Frequency check settings
- Keyboard shortcuts