If you are an Albuquerque home buyer, make sure to choose a Realtor with whom you feel comfortable with, listens to you, and responds to your home buying needs. Questions to ask yourself are:
- Do they return my email and calls in a timely manner?
- Do they ask me detailed questions to learn about my "home priority list"? And do they listen?
- Are they familiar with and knowledgeable about the different communities in Albuquerque and surrounding areas like Corrales, Placitas, Rio Rancho, the East Mountains, and Bernalillo, NM?
- Am I comfortable spending time with them? (Because chances are you will be spending a lot of time in the vehicle and walking through homes with them!)
- Do I feel comfortable asking them questions and voicing my home buying needs? Even if those questions seem basic or "obvious"?
Questions to ask a prospective Realtor are:
- What kind of strategy do you have to find a home for me?
- What background training, education, and experience do you have as a Realtor? What about any other real estate related profession?
- How often will you communicate with me? By phone? Email?
- How does the real estate buying process work? What steps do we take to make an offer and see it through closing?
- What references can you provide?
- Do you have the time to devote to my home buying search?
- How familiar are you with different communities in Albuquerque and surrounding New Mexico communities?
- How much understanding of the lending process can you share?
- What about knowledge of home construction and structural integrity? How familiar are you with red flags, such as mold or indoor air quality concerns?
- How much time will you be committed to my home buying process? How flexible are you with your schedule?